Wills & Estates
Preparing a Will, or making arrangements to appoint a Power of Attorney or Enduring Guardian, are tasks that many people put off.
Whether they are uncomfortable with the thought of planning for their ill-health or death, or whether they simply don't know what they would like to do with their estate, all too often people leave it until it is too late - causing even greater problems and potential difficulties for family members and loved ones.
Lamrocks Solicitors have been helping individuals and families with their Wills and estate planning needs for over 100 years. We understand the issues you might be facing and can work with you, and your family, to ensure that your wishes are carried out in the event of your passing, as well as protecting your assets and estate both now and into the future.
Why should you choose Lamrocks?
· Expert lawyers working for you
Our Wills & Estates Team Leader is one of only a few NSW Law Society Accredited Specialists in Western Sydney, enabling us to provide expert advice and professional representation when you need it.
· Locally based and convenient
Our office is conveniently located in Penrith, with parking outside the door, so you don’t have to travel into the city to get the best legal advice. In some cases, if your circumstances require, we will even come to you.
· Value for money
Our Wills & Estates team members are highly experienced in this field of law and can quickly identify the important issues in your situation – saving you time and money in the process.
· We focus on you
Our lawyers can be contacted easily by telephone, email or in person, and more importantly, they give you simple, straight forward answers in language you can understand.
How we can help you
At Lamrocks, we can provide expert advice on wide range of issues concerning Wills and Estates.
Our experienced team, led by an Accredited Specialist in the field, can help you with:
- Preparing a Will - including advice on tax minimisation and avoiding potential conflict or disputes between beneficiaries ;
- Preparing Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents to suit your individual circumstances;
- Providing advice for families who have children with disabilities - for example preparing Wills that will ensure their ongoing protection and care, or making a Will for someone with a disability;
- The creation of Testamentary Trusts and other trusts designed to protect beneficiaries;
- The administration of a deceased person's Estate and applying for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration;
- Resolving disputes concerning a Will, including challenging the terms of a Will or defending a Will against such claims.
In addition, we can also provide a range of advice concerning the law as it relates to the elderly. This is a growing field in Australia, as our population ages, and there are a number of issues we can assist you with including:
- Advice regarding retirement village contracts and agreements
- Advice regarding nursing home, hostel and home care agreements
- Superannuation disputes
- Advice on mortgage contracts and home equity release schemes
- Preparing advance medical directives