Lamrocks Supports the Women with Altitude Awards
Lamrocks Solicitors is proud to announce its support of the 2013 Women with Altitude Awards and, in particular, our sponsorship of the "Sky's the Limit" Award.
The firm is a major sponsor of Women With Altitude (WWA), a networking forum for women across Western Sydney and regional New South Wales. Dedicated to raising the profile of women and their achievements in our regional communities, WWA comprises members who are business owners and operators, professional women, employees and women heading back into the workforce after raising a family.
This year, WWA has launched the annual Altitude Awards to celebrate women's achievements in a range of categories and is calling for nominations in each field. The categories include:
- Sky's the Limit Award - Sponsored by Lamrocks - an award for the Regional Business Woman of the year, based on merit and achievement in our region
- Soaring Solo Award - for a female sole operator who is building a business on her own
- On My Way Award - for a business operating less than 3 years which is owned by a woman/women
- Climb Every Mountain Award - for a small-medium sized business that has been operating for more than 4 years
- Community Spirit Award - for a business that aims to achieve social, cultural community or environmental outcomes for the region
- Local Hero Award - for a woman who volunteers and gives her time freely to the community or not-for-profit organisations
- Emerging Talent Award - for a young employee or apprentice with talent and potential
- Visionary Leader Award - for a high-performing and inspiring manager or CEO in the region
- Innovation Award - for a woman who has demonstrated innovation, originality and creativity in her chosen business or organisation
- Women with Altitude Member of the Year - for an inspiring member of our regional network who embodies the philosophy of generosity and reciprocity within their business
The Altitude Awards will both recognise and showcase the talent we have across our local region. For more information on the Awards, or to nominate yourself or someone you know, visit the Women With Altitude website at http://www.womenwithaltitude.com.au/altitude-awards/
Nominations for each category close on October 30th. A panel of esteemed women, including Lamrocks’ family lawyer Simone Thomas will then review all of the entries and finalists will be announced in November. The winners of each award will be announced at a Gatsby-themed Gala Ball Awards Dinner on Friday 13th December.
So, don't delay, recognise someone you know for their efforts in business or give yourself a pat on the back and fill in your own entry form before it is too late.... you could be celebrating like Jay Gatsby himself!